Has The Dealer Installed Satellite Radio?

nuzbear

Has anyone actually had their dealer install satellite radio in their GX?

I've bought my fully equipped '06 and my wife's basic '06 in Nov. I opted not to install satellite radio at the time as the dealer wasn't dealing - go figure I only bought two cars!

I've read with interest the troubles everyone has gone through but never read anyone getting the dealer to install the factory authorized system.

After a lot of shopping around I called the dealer and said I was ready to be held-up. We brought my car in this morning for routine maintenance and to get satellite radio installed.

I've leased 7 cars from this dealer and my parents have bought 2 cars. They know me.

My car maintenance supervisor called in shock. Lexus would NOT install satellite radio in the GX 470. period.

Then my sales rep called in shock.

I explained they needed to go read the message boards. Install the toyota or ES kit. I didn't care.

We'll see what they have to say. :censored:

Have you had the dealer install satellite radio?

BTW - check out the new listings on coastal tech. They have the new unlock device for the GX 470's.

http://www.coastaletech.com/APPLICATION%20GUIDE.htm

Mark

I purchased a GX470 earlier this year and the dealer installed the XM radio. Price was high, but it works well. I don't know which XM radio package they installed but there was no hesitation on their part. The XM antenna was installed on the dash as they said there had been problems with thefts when on the outside. I have no reception problems.

I just received the coastaletech "lockpick" kit and will probably install it this weekend. Their instructions do not address how to access the wiring harness behind the screen. Their package does explain how to install it in a Prius, which is to pop out the center dash speaker and reach in. Does the GX470 center dash speaker just pop out and will that provide access to the right harness?