99 Es300 Remote Entry/master Key?

miaaxo

Question.. I recently bought a 99 ES300 with only a Valet key... now I want to go through Lexus to get a new Master Key and Remote... which requires having the computer replaced (free the first time)...

But now Lexus is telling me that the 99s did NOT come with keyless/remote entry, not even an option... now to be honest, I find that extremely hard to believe especially since I have a 94 that came with factory remote.

Does anyone know if this is true... do you have a 99 that was purchased brand new with remote entry? Is it a button on the side of the Master Key (my 94 is) or a separate remote?

Thanks! :wacko:

Thats what I thought... but even then, they are telling me that its untrue... only came with physical keys, no remote at all. Then again, unfortunately, this guy doesn't sound like he really knows what he is talking about.

Okay, further issues with this, and I am quickly losing my mind with all MA Lexus dealers...

I have to have the computer replaced, for free, but they can not pre-order a computer, they have to physically remove the computer, order a new one, and it takes a minimum of one week to receive the new computer and, here is the kicker, THE CAR CAN NOT BE DRIVEN for the duration of that time...

Seriously, could they make this any more difficult? Honestly, at this point I am looking for info on some after market keyless entry options that anyone may have and will just live with a valet key.

I am a 20s female who lives and works long hours in a large city, the security of keyless entry is great, but not worth this hassle and inconvenience.

Thanks in advance.