2000 Gs A/c

2000 gs300 ;) : I have been sitting here going through topic after topic trying to find the solution to this a/c problem, but no topic hits it on the head. I was wondering if the noise comming from my dash ( ONLY when blower is activated ) is defintely my blower motor. And if not can u tell me how to troubleshoot to find out. THE NOISE SOUNDS LIKE SHUTTERS OPENING AND CLOSING RAPIDLY AT HIGH SPEEDS AS THE AIR BLOWS

It's probably leaves or other debris in your fan. Open the glovebox, remove the access panel at the top edge in the back of the box. Look inside. There is a door inside behind which is the interior air filter. Grasp the handles on the door and wiggle it free. Pull the filter straight out. Be careful, if it hasn't been serviced lately, it may have a large quantity of dirt on the top side.

If you find it is full of junk, clean it with a shop vac as well as the interior of the slot where the filter goes. While you're cleaning the opening vary the fan speed from off to high to help dislodge any debris.

It'd be a good time to replace the filter. The filter element only, without the plastic frame, is the most economical from your dealer.

Also, I have to add that I had a sound that sounded like rustling of leaves in my A/C vents and it was driving me nuts!!!! I read a very informative post on here and fixed the problem. In your case it might be leaves as suggested above but it wasn't in my case. The noise sounded like leaves but in fact it was a noise coming from a relay that switched the A/C from Floor mode to Face mode or both. The relay itself wasn't bad but the contacts needed to be cleaned as an unclear message was passing from the relay to the motor that turns gears to change "modes" as noted above. I had to disassemble my glove box, take the CD changer out and a couple of other items; then you will find a small (sealed by snap clips-be careful not to break them off when opening) box with small gears, motor and contacts. I noticed on my car these contacts were covering with grime and grease. The tutorial that I followed suggested cleaning these contacts with a Q-tip and alcohol. After cleaning, I re-assembled everything and all is great! The A/C makes NO noises what so ever and everything works properly. I did this DYI almost a year ago and it is still fine to date. Hope this helps!

Nick

2000 gs300 ;) : I have been sitting here going through topic after topic trying to find the solution to this a/c problem, but no topic hits it on the head. I was wondering if the noise comming from my dash ( ONLY when blower is activated ) is defintely my blower motor. And if not can u tell me how to troubleshoot to find out. THE NOISE SOUNDS LIKE SHUTTERS OPENING AND CLOSING RAPIDLY AT HIGH SPEEDS AS THE AIR BLOWS

Thank u Guy telefuken on your response to my post, and thats for 2 reasons. Number 1 , I was very, very, very, close to buying a blower motor for my car which, would not have solved my problem. # 2 reason is that I bought this radio off this retail store for 200 dollars and I some how lost that receipt as well as Maybe 4 more receipts lost all together. I just new they were in the "GLOVE BOX " which I accidently opened when I was looking for my registration. All this time my glove box have been eating my papers and I did not know it. So to make a long story even longer, I returned the radio and added 200 dollars back in wallet. So thank u again guy telefuken!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's probably leaves or other debris in your fan. Open the glovebox, remove the access panel at the top edge in the back of the box. Look inside. There is a door inside behind which is the interior air filter. Grasp the handles on the door and wiggle it free. Pull the filter straight out. Be careful, if it hasn't been serviced lately, it may have a large quantity of dirt on the top side.

If you find it is full of junk, clean it with a shop vac as well as the interior of the slot where the filter goes. While you're cleaning the opening vary the fan speed from off to high to help dislodge any debris.

It'd be a good time to replace the filter. The filter element only, without the plastic frame, is the most economical from your dealer.

thank u for your response Blexus Gs . I had receipts in my a/c fan, But thanks for responding again.

Thank u Guy telefuken on your response to my post, and thats for 2 reasons. Number 1 , I was very, very, very, close to buying a blower motor for my car which, would not have solved my problem. # 2 reason is that I bought this radio off this retail store for 200 dollars and I some how lost that receipt as well as Maybe 4 more receipts lost all together. I just new they were in the "GLOVE BOX " which I accidently opened when I was looking for my registration. All this time my glove box have been eating my papers and I did not know it. So to make a long story even longer, I returned the radio and added 200 dollars back in wallet. So thank u again guy telefuken!!!!!!!!!!!!!

thank u for your response Blexus Gs . I had receipts in my a/c fan, But thanks for responding again.

Thanks again Guy funken' although u deserve it , Mr. shell, just about robbed me along with his brother Amoco on a trip to baltimore.