Engine Running / No Gas When Stepping On Gas Pedal

92silverls400

The other day I started my car in the garage, I put it in reverse and it rolled out into the driveway, as i stepped on the gas pedal, no gas was feeding into the engine, the engine was still running, the power steering and power brake was working. I then put the gear shift into drive, and and stepped on the gas pedal, still no gas going into engine, I even floor the gas pedal in reverse and in drive with no result. I then decided to shut off the engine and start it all over again, and guess what? everything went back to normal, anybody knows why this happen? :cries:

Second question, when in drive and going down a hill, will the transmission go into 2nd gear by itself, and even when you step on the gas pedal the transmission is in 2nd gear, after awhile it goes back to drive. when going down another hill, the trans is still in drive which i would then have to use my brakes to slow the vehicle down. This only occurs when i first start up my vehicle everyday, otherwise it is normal thru out the day.

2000 LS400 Platium series

thanks for any replies :cheers:

• 2 weeks later...

Did the RPM increase? and no go? If RPM does increase the fisrt thing I would is change the trans. fluid and filter.

Thanks for the reply. The car is not acting up at this time. Transmission fluid and filter has been replaced numerous of time already. This LS400 has been serviced frequently by previous owner, I have the service records for this vehicle since the first owner purchased this vehicle. 2000 lexus LS400 with 77,500 miles on it.