most beneficial modd?

what would you guys say it is?-sorry for all the newbie questions, just trying to figure this stuff out...

would headers and a modified exhaust give me a beneficial increase in HP?

Turbo Charger (do they make turbo kits for 96 sc 400?)

Computer upgrade

as you see Im new at this, thanks for you help.

I know of one man in particular whom is creating his own custom turbo set-up for the 1UZ-FE. Results are not documented yet. I can try to contact him. SRT is working on a turbo kit also if I have heard correctly. There are some supercharger kits around too, possibly SRT also.

The best mod to do first in a SC400, in my opinion is to get a torque converter. Precision Industries is just one place to find this item. It will free up some lost power through the driveline. Then a direct shot would be cool, or you can save up for some forced induction.

There are some FE headers available but not sure on where. I know there are some made in Australia, they are cheap price and quality units, but the shipping to get them here is high. Of course opening the intake and exhaust will always help things flow better and change the rpm curve but the increased flow potential won't do much without the power adder to actually increase flow (i.e. N2O, turbo, supercharger)

• 6 months later...
what would you guys say it is?-sorry for all the newbie questions, just trying to figure this stuff out...

would headers and a modified exhaust give me a beneficial increase in HP?

Turbo Charger (do they make turbo kits for 96 sc 400?)

Computer upgrade

as you see Im new at this, thanks for you help.

IMO your best bang for the buck is an intake and an exhuast. Your vehicle should see 8-12hp. Best bang for the bust, unless you have deep pockets. If so, go for a 2JZGTE twin turbo.... :cheers: