1999 Rx300 Starting Problem

hi,

i was wondering if anyone has had the same problem that i am having on my 1999 RX300 AWD. I have 105K miles on this car. Recently it is having this intermittent starting problem. During this week, the starting problem happens about 5 times only What is happening is when i start the car it would just die right away. when the problem occurs what i do is to put the gear on neutral instead of park then the car would start. this was recommended to me by the towing service technician. after that i put the car back to park and it would start without any problem. I dont know much about cars, but with this behavior i think i can eliminate that the problem is not with Battery or Starter right? Then could it be the Fuel System? Any advice is appreciated.

is anyone familiar with the fuel system of the rx300. also, where can I get a copy of the schematic for the fuel system.

thanks...

• 2 weeks later...

o either of you use your parking brake?

try it and it may work

the problem might be in the intake pipe

looks like a big accordian

if it has a rip the maf sensor reads wrong and gets out of wack

if there is tension on the engine from the tranny being in park it will cause the tear to be open

once it goes into neutral it can start as the engine is now in normal position

check the pipe for leaks

nd use the brake also

the engine mounts may be suspect for causing the problem in the first place

do with cars have any other acceleration problems?

or just starting