Help With Code

Hello, I got a check engine light on, the code I got was po0171, system too lean (fuel trim), now what does this code mean ? what do I need to get changed ? pls I appreciate any kind of help, I called the lexus dealer and they dont have appointments till two weeks from now. thanks.

Hello, I got a check engine light on, the code I got was po0171, system too lean (fuel trim), now what does this code mean ? what do I need to get changed ? pls I appreciate any kind of help, I called the lexus dealer and they dont have appointments till two weeks from now. thanks.

Most probably bank 1 or 2 O2 sensor unless label under hood specifies california EPA compliance. If complies with CA standards the sensor is an air/fuel ratio sensor (same location as O2 sensors). I recomment getting parts from CarQuest and instaliing yourself or having independent garage install. You will save tons on part and labor. The CEL must be turned off be erasing code.

Hope this helps!

Most probably bank 1 or 2 O2 sensor unless label under hood specifies california EPA compliance. If complies with CA standards the sensor is an air/fuel ratio sensor (same location as O2 sensors). I recomment getting parts from CarQuest and instaliing yourself or having independent garage install. You will save tons on part and labor. The CEL must be turned off be erasing code.

Hope this helps!

Here is a short link to P0171

Hope this helps!

Here is a short link to P0171

Thanks so much guys, I did change one of the sensors, right infront of the alternator, but the light is stillon and I get the same code, so could it be another sensor in the front or is the mef ?