Telescopic Steering Wheel

Hey everyone, I am new to this forum and am the proud owner of a blue onyx IS 350. I've had the car about 3 months and it has exceeded all my expectations. I used to have an '03 GS 300 and really liked how the steering wheel electrically moved up and out of the way when the car was off. The IS doesnt do this and unfortunately I dont think theres a simple solution :( . Am I the only one having trouble getting out of the car because the steering wheel is in the way? I wouldnt say I am too tall, only about 5'7". I opted for the basic nav system package so dont call me crazy if your car does this as it may be because you have the lux package. And yes this post is mostly to say hello :D

Hey everyone, I am new to this forum and am the proud owner of a blue onyx IS 350. I've had the car about 3 months and it has exceeded all my expectations. I used to have an '03 GS 300 and really liked how the steering wheel electrically moved up and out of the way when the car was off. The IS doesnt do this and unfortunately I dont think theres a simple solution :( . Am I the only one having trouble getting out of the car because the steering wheel is in the way? I wouldnt say I am too tall, only about 5'7". I opted for the basic nav system package so dont call me crazy if your car does this as it may be because you have the lux package. And yes this post is mostly to say hello :D

I also have the NAV package and my steering wheel retracts and moves out of the way when the car is off!

yes but you got the lux package, so that is probably why my IS doesnt have the power wheel. i got the basic NAV package MSRP of $40,784. at the time i didnt feel like the extra 4K was worth it. i could have waited a week and got the lux package & now im wishing i did! xenon lights, power telescopic wheel, sunshade, parking sensors......