Wtb: New Wheels & Tires Need Advice As Well

Looking to upgrade my wheels and tires, but don't want to go into blindly. I am looking for the best set up to get a bigger wheel and lower the car, without rub, without sacrificing too much comfort. I was thinking of a set of 18" chrome rims. from what I have read people are having problems with the caliper clearance. Whay should the correct offset be?

A little help.

Thanks

There is no best setup there is only what you want to get out of it.

You want

bigger

lowering clearance of fenders and shocks

comfort

18's in chrome

Your best bet is to get educated on a tire site like tirerack for basics . Offsets is not what causes calipers to rub but the "X-factor" . The GS has normal brakes so they are easy to find a wheel that works .

What do you want to lower it with>?

How low?

• 2 weeks later...

You want

bigger

comfort

18's in chrome

Your best bet is to get educated on a tire site like tirerack for basics . Offsets is not what causes calipers to rub but the "X-factor" . The GS has normal brakes so they are easy to find a wheel that works .

How low?

I too want to drop my 02 GS 300 and get bigger wheels. I was considering 18"s, but have decided to go to 19"s (I have 17"s on now and want a more dramatic effect). I'm also considering the staggered look. I defintiely want to have at least 225-235s in front and 245s at the rear...or 245s all around.

However, I'm reading that offsets and dropping the car have a relationship, that until now I was not taking into account.

I've gone to Tire Rack's site, but I'm not too crazy about the selection and the ones that I do like, are out of my price range. I've seen wheels that I like on Wheels Next and on Best Wheel's sites.

I don't ever intend to go to bigger brakes, so that's not my concern. But I do want to drop my ride 1-1.5 inches and my first step will be to get lowering springs (either Eiback or Tein). I think the Tein drop is more than the Eibach one, but then the question is, what wheels will I get in order to drop and not have issues?

So, has anyone installed 19"s, staggered, and dropped using Eibach and Tein springs?

You want

bigger

comfort

18's in chrome

How low?

I too want to drop my 02 GS 300 and get bigger wheels. I was considering 18"s, but have decided to go to 19"s (I have 17"s on now and want a more dramatic effect). I'm also considering the staggered look. I defintiely want to have at least 225-235s in front and 245s at the rear...or 245s all around.

However, I'm reading that offsets and dropping the car have a relationship, that until now I was not taking into account.

I've gone to Tire Rack's site, but I'm not too crazy about the selection and the ones that I do like, are out of my price range. I've seen wheels that I like on Wheels Next and on Best Wheel's sites.

I don't ever intend to go to bigger brakes, so that's not my concern. But I do want to drop my ride 1-1.5 inches and my first step will be to get lowering springs (either Eiback or Tein). I think the Tein drop is more than the Eibach one, but then the question is, what wheels will I get in order to drop and not have issues?

So, has anyone installed 19"s, staggered, and dropped using Eibach and Tein springs?

Here is my Stagerred set up in 19'' 245/35/19 +38 offset FRONT, 275/30/19 +38 offset REAR. NO rubbing issues whatsoever, wheels are one piece cast. Bought this set 10 months ago brand new, now i want to go different route so they are for sale. Here is some pictures:

1.bmp

2.bmp

GS.bmp

untitled.bmp