Power Brake Booster

My '98 ES300 has a failed power brake booster. Is this a common problem? Lexus dealer quoted $575 for the part. Used part sells for $125. Neither sources had part in stock. Is ther a Lexus warranty on the part for high mileage 140k vehicles? I will be interested in any advice or sharing your experiences with this problem.

My '98 ES300 has a failed power brake booster. Is this a common problem? Lexus dealer quoted $575 for the part. Used part sells for $125. Neither sources had part in stock. Is ther a Lexus warranty on the part for high mileage 140k vehicles? I will be interested in any advice or sharing your experiences with this problem.

I have seen master cylinders fail but not power boosters.

Unless you have an extended warranty that covers 140k miles, then no Lexus warrantly is going to.

Have you tried new aftermarket parts (NAPA, Autozone, etc). I would assume it would be the same booster for a 98 Camry.

steviej

I have seen master cylinders fail but not power boosters.

Unless you have an extended warranty that covers 140k miles, then no Lexus warrantly is going to.

Have you tried new aftermarket parts (NAPA, Autozone, etc). I would assume it would be the same booster for a 98 Camry.

steviej

The Lexus has Traction Control which make a difference for brake booster. Camry does not offer Traction Control.

the traction control is dependent on the pressure modulation valve body and sensors at the wheels, I don't think the power booster is any different than that of the Camry, but I may be totally out in left field on this one.

steviej

the traction control is dependent on the pressure modulation valve body and sensors at the wheels, I don't think the power booster is any different than that of the Camry, but I may be totally out in left field on this one.

steviej

The brake booster for Camry will not work as Camry does not offer traction control. There is definitly a difference between traction contrl and non traction control brake boosters. The non TC booster will lock the brakes on a traction control vehicle. The last five digits of TC booster is 33420 and non TC is 33430. I have solved my problem by replacing booster and had to do it twice before getting the right part. I bought the part used for $125 Lexus Stealer wanted $575. I had independent garage install for $120 Lexus wanted $300.