Bluetooth Connection And Blackberry 8700 - Disconnecting

Hi,

Has anyone actually managed to get a stable Bluetooth connection between a Blackberry 8700 and an RX400 ? I realise the address book transfer may be a non starter (although in theory the 8700 is one of the few Blackberrys that allows it, but I beleive it uses a method that's not compatible with the RX400), but just the 'normal' 'phone connection itself seems to be very poor - constantly dropping / reconnecting. I've tried a couple of other phones too - slightly more reliable although still very far from perfect.

I've tried the usual - ensuring the car is one of the phone's trusted devices, but connectivity still seems to be very hit and miss. I thought I had seen a step by step guide on one of the forums to actually getting a reliable connection (stand on one leg / phase of moon, etc...) but haven't been able to find it again.

Any pointers would be greatly appreciated!

Steve

You may want to check out the Blackberry forums. Might be an issue with the 8700 bluetooth. If you do a search, you'll find that the 8700 seems to have a disconnect problem with headsets and cars. Updating the 8700 software doesn't seem to help.

Good luck.