Ls 430 Power Door Closers

hawkshaw

I have a 2006 Modern Luxury Package vehicle and was thinking about adding on the power door closers.

I'd expect that the wiring is already installed and all I'd need to do is plug them in. Has anyone done this? Any idea as to how much they cost? Are they only for the front doors or do the rear doors have them also?

One thing to also keep in mind is that the door closers would be controlled by the ECU's that are located in each door and connected through the multiplex bus system. So even if it is wired it may need a different computer.

The door closers are integral to the door latching system; so the whole latch and locking assembly would have to be replaced. SK is right they also interface with the door CPU, so there is the issue of would a non closing car have the same door CPU (I would probably guess yes). There is no central integration with the rest of the car's electrical system, so if you could get the updated assembly and the ECU would run it you would probably be in business.

Honestly I never use mine, the LS doors seem to manually latch shut with a very light touch. On the other hand the doors on the S Class always seemed to have checks made of iron...a hefty slam was required to shut those things whenever I was at a car show...