How To Buy Used '06?

I really like the IS250 and would love to buy one (especially after reading all the great feedback here), but I hate paying for new car depreciation. Normally, I would just go to the dealer and ask what they have in their CPO inventory, but I need AWD (I live in Boston - lots of snow - and ski), so I need a 2006. They just don't happen to be many of them around. I am very tempted to get an '06 325xi since they have many in the CPO inventory (maybe because a lot of people don't like them and end up returning them? coupled with that being the primary loaner car in the northeast), have almost 6 years remaining on warranty and almost 4 year on the maintenance plan. I know all the reasons to buy the Lexus, but if I can't get one used, I think I would rather pay ~$32k for the bmw loaded to similar options as the baseline Lexus and get a longer warranty and maintenance plan then spend more on a new Lexus without those features.

Anyone have any ideas? Websites? Dealers in the northeast that specialize in pre-owned? friends planning on upgrading to a GS? etc.

Thanks!

---------------------

Dave

email: "posts" aat "acqumengroup" dot "com"

Unless you're buying used, where are you going to get a BMW 325ix for $32,000 fully loaded?? Or are you talking about adding the options? Even adding them is going to put you up to $40k. I found my IS250 to have a lot more options than my 325i, but I did get a good deal on my used 325i when I bought it used. And the used Beemers have the 100,000 certified warranty on them if you buy them from the dealer. I still like my Lexus better, I think, however. I know this isn't the answer you're looking for, but just wanted to stick my 2 cents in there, lol.

• 1 month later...

Unless you're buying used, where are you going to get a BMW 325ix for $32,000 fully loaded?? Or are you talking about adding the options? Even adding them is going to put you up to $40k. I found my IS250 to have a lot more options than my 325i, but I did get a good deal on my used 325i when I bought it used. And the used Beemers have the 100,000 certified warranty on them if you buy them from the dealer. I still like my Lexus better, I think, however. I know this isn't the answer you're looking for, but just wanted to stick my 2 cents in there, lol.

I just bought an 06 IS250 in your back yard (Hartford). Drove it home to Dallas over the weekend. I found it on cars.com best car site anywhere. There are about 30 IS's out there now. I got a $34K car for under $30K with only 5K miles on it... sweeet.