Alarm

Lexboy

:unsure: im havin a problem wiith the immobolizer system in my car and its not allowing my car 2 start once fixed is it possible if i put a aftermarket alarm in, will this problem be overrided by the new alarm system the car is a 2001 gs300

:unsure: im havin a problem wiith the immobolizer system in my car and its not allowing my car 2 start once fixed is it possible if i put a aftermarket alarm in, will this problem be overrided by the new alarm system the car is a 2001 gs300

Adding a second alarm system is no problem. If the job is done by a professional installer......they'll know exactly what to do. :)

It sounds kinda vague (as SKperformance said) but what I think you're trying to say is, the immobilizer system of ur 01 GS is giving you problems. Adding a new alarm system will not fix the problem. New aftermarket alarm systems do have their own immobilizers, but I'm not sure if the original Lexus immobilizer will be defeated by the new one though.

my $.02 ;)

• 1 month later...

on the imoblizer issue, is your key broken? sometimes thats the problem, people break there keys and don't know that the key sends a signal to the engine, as far as the after market alarm issue they will eather sacrifice one of your master keys and put it in a box under your dash or bypass the transponder..