Inspector For Ls400 In La Area

tjcooper

I am considering an 96 LS400 with 115K miles off of ebay. I know that when I purchase that the car is sold "as is" but the description says everything is working fine. I am looking for a mechanic/private party/whatever that could look over the car on that afternoon to say it is good to drive 300 miles back to SFO. Anybody know of somebody who does that type of "after sale" inspection?

Also, what do inspections cost? What does a 30 day warranty cost? Is it possible to get a 30 warrenty for a used purchase "on the spot"? Any suggestions would be helpful.

I already have 2000 LS400 and have all the manuals and have done work on it. So I am familiar with many of the things on an LS400. This car is for my son at school.

Ted

An pro inspection is about $200 a proper one from a trained person without getting it on a hoist $100.

A basic evaluation for damage and accident/repaint with minor mechanical overview $50-100 depending on work done and experience.