Driver's Si Window - 1990 Ls400

mig25

DRIVER'S SIDE WINDOW:

:unsure:My driver's side window stopped working. Luckily it is up. Any clue what could have gone wrong? Only the driver's side stopped working. Would it be the switch? Or is there a fuse just for that particular one? Thanks. :unsure:

cant seem to find fuse for the window or any kind of switch. open the door and check the motor. check if the signal from the window button is going to the motor

Although I haven't had problems with my Lexus window, on my Caprice the driver's side window sometimes won't work. I pulled out the switch thing (which is probably more complicated on the Lesus) and wiggled the wires and it works again. It is most likely a loose connection because of peiople slamming the door if all the other windows work. In the worst case scenerio, the moter burned out which is a whole nother can of worms.

Weird, It just started working again, by itself all the sudden... ??? I wonder if the motor is going bad... B)

That's what you are probably looking at. If you open the door panel and tap the motor when it will not roll down I bet it would start working.

Naw, I still think it is the connection. When window motors break they break. Sometimes when it's more humid they work better with a bad connection. Soemtimes the vibration causes the connection to reconnect. It's been my experience that people slamming the door causes all kinds of sh... stuff to loosen up. I've never understood why people have to slam car doors!