Help Removing Dc(cig Lighter) Plug On 95 Es300

Hello,

I've been looking to find a 12v wire so that i can add a cell charger in my 95 ES300. I could use the cig lighter that is already there, but having it opened at all times is sort of pianful for the eyes to stand. I would like to find a 12v I can splice into, let it be the cig lighter or not. Any help is, as always, appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

"daovang"

If you figure it out, let me know 'cause I need to change mine too.

Toysrme, aren't you the Lexus god? I was hoping you could help me out. It has been a b*tch to push the panel in and out every time I have to charge. Looks bad when I have passengers. Well, does anyone else know?

Toysrme, aren't you the Lexus god? I was hoping you could help me out. It has been a b*tch to push the panel in and out every time I have to charge. Looks bad when I have passengers. Well, does anyone else know?

Well, If there is 12v to the cig lighter then there is a distinct possibility that there is 12v connected to that lighter ??? Just reroute the wires so they are hidden. BINGO !!!

I think toys was getting to that point............. B)

I know that, but I can't figure how to pop the d*mn thing out to splice into it. I tried the fuses by the driver panel, but those made weird noices when I have my Ipod connected.

If you are not using an onboard cellular phone, an option might be to use Fuse 21- 15 amp (underhood) power source ddicated to cell phone. It is difficult to trace through all the circuits involved, but the phone dock is placed on the floor just behind the center console. There may be a connector there with the power you need.

Here is my solution to the problem of finding a power source (other than using the ashtray cigarette lighter) for powering cell phones, PDAs, etc.

It's a Superex rechargeable compact emergency jumpstarter and mobile power supply. Comes with both AC and DC recharging capabilities.

Superex.jpg

It was $50 at Wal-mart (probably cheaper in the U.S.) and in addition to being very handy for jumpstarting a dead car battery, it has a 12v (cigarette lighter type) power connector so you can use it to power any 12v device. It will power a cell phone for 20-30 hours on one charge. So, no need to use the car's cig lighter at all...until the Superex needs recharging. Then just plug it into the car's cig lighter and recharge it.....simple!

Or, take the Superex into the house and recharge it with the supplied AC adapter. It even has a light on the front so no need to be fumbling with it in the dark. A Canadian company makes it :D and Wal-mart is one of their major retail distributors.

It is small enough to sit out of sight on the floor of the back seat of the car and my Cell phone or PDA's power cord is long enough to reach it from the front seat of the car. I can still use my cup holders and can keep the ashtray closed. No having to dismantle the center console to get the ashtray/cupholder out, and no rewiring to do at all !! When not needed, just keep it in the trunk for emergencies.

Hope this helps.

Here is my solution to the problem of finding a power source (other than using the ashtray cigarette lighter) for powering cell phones, PDAs, etc.

It's a Superex rechargeable compact emergency jumpstarter and mobile power supply. Comes with both AC and DC recharging capabilities.

Superex.jpg

It was $50 at Wal-mart (probably cheaper in the U.S.) and in addition to being very handy for jumpstarting a dead car battery, it has a 12v (cigarette lighter type) power connector so you can use it to power any 12v device. It will power a cell phone for 20-30 hours on one charge. So, no need to use the car's cig lighter at all...until the Superex needs recharging. Then just plug it into the car's cig lighter and recharge it.....simple!

Or, take the Superex into the house and recharge it with the supplied AC adapter. It even has a light on the front so no need to be fumbling with it in the dark. A Canadian company makes it :D and Wal-mart is one of their major retail distributors.

It is small enough to sit out of sight on the floor of the back seat of the car and my Cell phone or PDA's power cord is long enough to reach it from the front seat of the car. I can still use my cup holders and can keep the ashtray closed. No having to dismantle the center console to get the ashtray/cupholder out, and no rewiring to do at all !! When not needed, just keep it in the trunk for emergencies.

Hope this helps.

I've heard people shorting their cars using these type of device. But you did mention "Or, take the Superex into the house and recharge it with the supplied AC adapter. " I'll surely try and get back on its results.

Thanks for the advice.

I haven't heard of anyone having any shorting problems with this particular device. It may depend more on the car than the device itself.

I use the Superex mainly to recharge my PDA while on long trips. I have a bluetooth GPS navigation system connected to it and when the battery on the PDA or the GPS receiver gets low, I simply plug it into the Superex for an hour or two until it's charged up again and then unplug it. I hate having wires running all over the inside the car, so by this method, I only use wires to connect up and recharge the batteries in my devices and then run the devices on their own internal batteries until they need recharging again.

The really nice thing about the Superex, IMO, is that it's small enough to be kept out of sight on the floor of the back seat or in the trunk when not needed, but is always handy when it is needed. AND....I never have to plug anything into the ashtray's cigarette lighter....cuz that method really is an eye sore ! :censored:

My little GPS receiver sits on the rear deck of the car, between the two back speakers and "talks" to my PDA via bluetooth technology which is mounted just to the left of the steering wheel using an A/C vent PDA holder. If I needed wires to connect the system together, I think I'd rather do without! :cries: But with the bluetooth wireless connection, and having the Superex to use for battery recharges when needed, the system works great. :D