92 Sc400 Skips 2nd Gear?

Please help! once my car warms up it skips 2nd gear (sometimes) if I take off fast at all. my 92 sc400 has 126,000 on it. my fluid is clean, and i'm changing my filter this weekend. i hope it's not a transmission solenoid but i have been told that it could be. O, when i rest the computer system it gets better for a week or two. Please help, any help would be great.

i know the trans pan doesnt use a gasket except a silicone seal. the filter on the other hand should use a cork gasket.

sorry cant help with your problem, sounds like a problem with the AT computer if it gets better after resetting.

i know it has a cork gasket but lexus said you leave it, was that wrong?

Maybe a faulty solenoid. I beleive there is a thread on cleaning the solenoids, If I remember it is fairly easy after you pull the pan. Search and see what you come up with. :cheers:

ok still having the same problem, but check this out, I always just leave my head lights on, because they go off with the car. so i turned them off the other day just because, and BAM no more transmission problems. then i turn them back on and F#@* they come back. so need less to say i have been driving around with my head lights off. SOMEBODY please tell me what the hell is up with my car. O and i do have a break light out that i'm going to change today. Why does my car hates me?