Sunroof Loose?

There is no sunroof water leak but I can easily move the closed sunroof on my 98 LS400. Especially in the corners behind the driver and passenger seat. It can rather easily be pushed up a 1/4 inch or so. Front also moves a bit but not as much as the rear corners. Any reason to be concerned? If this is too much "play", can a do-it-yourselfer tighten it up, tips?

(Noticed this while looking for a rattle but don't thin that is the source of it. Still looking for clues on that issue.)

Thanks to you all, your expereince is invaluable!

I noticed the same with my 03. It was creaking/squeaking with body flex, so I had the dealer put some sort of lube on it, and the sound is gone. I don't think I had quite that my play in it. Some play is probably normal.

If you take it to a dealer for service, maybe you could mention it to them next time you're in.

I noticed the same with my 03. It was creaking/squeaking with body flex, so I had the dealer put some sort of lube on it, and the sound is gone. I don't think I had quite that my play in it. Some play is probably normal.

If you take it to a dealer for service, maybe you could mention it to them next time you're in.

Yes that's not unheard of for these cars. I know some Lexi have updated Sunroof gaskets available that supposedly squeak less, don't know what years of LS they are available for. But lubricating the seal seems to work too.

My roof pops up a little when people slam the doors, but I'm guessing that's also normal (leads to me cringing, but whatever). When closed it sits flush with the roofline.

Thanks, I will stop worrying about the play in the sunroof then and see what is to be done on lubrication (but I don't think that is my vibration rattle. Will investigate that a little more.)