Broken Motor Mount

I recently discovered a broken dog bone motor mount. I just bought a new one to replace it. I wanted to ask you guys if you thought it would be ok to replace it without replacing the other motor mounts along with the dog bone. I dont want to have to buy the same mount twice if having other broken mounts are going to put too much stress on the new mount. Since this is at the top of the engine is shouldn't have too much stress on it should it.

Just want to know if it would be ok to replace now without replacing the others or should I wait to replace them all at once. Car has 130,000 miles on it. Steering wheel vibrates slightly during idle when stopped.

I recently discovered a broken dog bone motor mount. I just bought a new one to replace it. I wanted to ask you guys if you thought it would be ok to replace it without replacing the other motor mounts along with the dog bone. I dont want to have to buy the same mount twice if having other broken mounts are going to put too much stress on the new mount. Since this is at the top of the engine is shouldn't have too much stress on it should it.

Just want to know if it would be ok to replace now without replacing the others or should I wait to replace them all at once. Car has 130,000 miles on it. Steering wheel vibrates slightly during idle when stopped.

The lower front mount is probably shot also, Your dogbone will wear out fast if the lower front mount is not replaced. I went through the exact same thing last year on my 93 es.

Ya you're cool jsut doing the dogbone, but if the dogbone is shot, the front mount has grossly accellerated wear. So if you really want 2 do it, grab the front mount too.

It's new-izzle's 8th law.

"If yo do bone breaks, I'ma jack up yo front mount foo!"

Didi you experience any strange behavior from the car aside from slight shake at idle? What does the ride feel like when the dog bone breaks? Just curious.

Didn't notice much after replacing the dog bone. The ride quality was still very good. The mount wasn't completely broken but half of the rubber on one side of the mount was completely cracked through. Thanks for the advice. I will look into replacing the front motor mount soon also. Actually when I put on the new dog bone I still had vibrations so I am pretty sure the other mounts should be replaced (at least the front mount).

Do I just get a piece of wood, place the jack under the oil pan and slightly raise the engine enough to remove the old mount? Is there anything I have to watch out for when raising the engine or will it be safe to raise it without damaging anything.

For just the dogbone you don't have to jack the engine up at all. The dogbone is not weight bearing. It's just there to control torque from accelleration / deccelleration.

The front mount yes, put something like a block of wood on a jack & pick the engine up am ich, or use a hoist to pull the engine up.

For just the dogbone you don't have to jack the engine up at all. The dogbone is not weight bearing. It's just there to control torque from accelleration / deccelleration.

The front mount yes, put something like a block of wood on a jack & pick the engine up am ich, or use a hoist to pull the engine up.

Thanks, great info.