Thinking Of Getting A Gx

I am thinking about purchasing a '06 GX ... could you tell me the pros and the cons? What are some of the changes for the upcoming '07s that have been rumored? Seems like the GX is due for an upgrade soon.

I am thinking about purchasing a '06 GX ... could you tell me the pros and the cons? What are some of the changes for the upcoming '07s that have been rumored? Seems like the GX is due for an upgrade soon.

no new updates are expected for 07. maybe Lexus Link will be available again (saw an 03 GX today, with Lexus Link, because it had a rubber "ducky" antenna on top of it).

Pros: The "better" gas mileage of most SUVs of it's size.

Good performance

Enough Power

Reasonable for it's price

Cons: Possible clunk

Possible Vibration

Possible sulfur smell (do they still have that problem coming up lately???)

Possible leaning (if u get a GX with KDSS)

Non-usable 3rd row seat

I've had my 2004 since oct 1, 2004, and have not experienced any problems at all with mine. It's quiet and plush on the road, handles well for the type of vehicle that it is, and is almost unstopable in the snow. The quality of the interior is impecable in both materials and workmanship. The V8 engine and drive train are the quietest and most refined I have ever experienced.

Some people have experienced the "clunk" in the drive train, although I have not. Lexus appears to finally have a fix for the vehicles that do exhibit that problem though.

Fuel milage per the window sticker on mine is 15/19 city/highway, and I have found those numbers to be pretty accurate. I use regular 87 octane fuel in mine...I tried 91 octane premium, and in my uses, I found no difference in performance.

The navigation system has saved my bacon several times, and the Mark Levinson audio system is the best I have ever heard in a vehicle, bar none.

As others have noted..the third row seats are really not usable. Mine have been folded up on the sides since the day after I picked it up.