How Does The Rear Radio Work?

mark681

Thing is though, in Japan, navigaton/TV was available from the factory in cars as lowly as the civic since the early 90's.

This image is from a 94 Japanese Civic and that is stock equipment! Expensive option for a Civic buyer tho.

navi.jpg

Man, I thought we were ahead of the game. We are so far behind. I still don't have a navigation. I was thinking about getting a 99 RL with nav for my wife and trade in the 91 Legend LS. I still really like the Legend, but it's beginning to have too many minor problems to keep. Like the Ignition Switch. Had it replaced but it still gives us problems occasionally. Water leaking somewhere in the rear drivers side and the front window motors have just about had it.

Thing is though, in Japan, navigaton/TV was available from the factory in cars as lowly as the civic since the early 90's.

This image is from a 94 Japanese Civic and that is stock equipment! Expensive option for a Civic buyer tho.

navi.jpg

Man, I thought we were ahead of the game. We are so far behind. I still don't have a navigation. I was thinking about getting a 99 RL with nav for my wife and trade in the 91 Legend LS. I still really like the Legend, but it's beginning to have too many minor problems to keep. Like the Ignition Switch. Had it replaced but it still gives us problems occasionally. Water leaking somewhere in the rear drivers side and the front window motors have just about had it.

Hate to disappoint you but North America is far FAR behind of the game.

Cars built here are still inferior quality.

Something else i noticed when i moved here is that the engines here are just HUGE and yet they offer less performance and horrible gas mileage.

Case in point: Lancer evolution engine; 2.0l 4 banger + twin turbo. 320 hp! (the sites say something like 280hp but the japanese stop at that number to avoid extra taxes in Japan). It also gets an average of 24 mpg.

And the v6 in the IS, 300hp and 28mpg hwy.

Any North American engine outputing over 300 hp is a v8 and generally gets around 19mpg.

JD Powers seems to agree too because their initial quality study is completely led by Asian companies. Even Hyundai seems to be kicking butt.

I was surprised at how bad BMW and Mercedes are doing though.

But i guess the Asian companies go for refinement where the US goes for brute force and shiny stuff.