Nav Usage Question

dmccombs

I have a 2002 RX300 with Gen 2 Navigation. I have upgrade to the 2006 DVD with no problems. My question has to do with usage.

If I want to search for a restaurant for example, do you always have to enter a city? On my handheld GPS you can search based on current position (those closest to me appear on the top of the list).

When I seach with the Rx300 Nav, it seems I need to tell it what city I want it to search. Can't it just search for the things closest to my position, or at the very least look in the last city I searched?

I find it a bit annoying to type in my home city everytime I do a search. Any ideas? Am I missing something?

Thanks,

Darrell

I have a 2001. I believe I just type in what I am looking for and it displays a list. Then there is a button you can press to sort by distance and it will show the closest ones first.

My wife is not here right now with the RX, but I can check later if you like.

Tom

Tom,

That would be great if you could check. If I don't put in a city, it will not show the Sort By Distance option so then I have to scroll alphabetically.

Thanks,

Darrell

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have a 2001. I believe I just type in what I am looking for and it displays a list. Then there is a button you can press to sort by distance and it will show the closest ones first.

My wife is not here right now with the RX, but I can check later if you like.

Tom