Finally Got To Drive An Es350...

SW03ES

Well I finally got to drive an ES350, Ultra Luxury model Moon Shell Mica (Carla loves it, too Mary Kay for me) with black interior.

VERY nice. The car is definately quieter than mine although it rides slightly more stiffly. That could be the pressure in the tires still aired up for transport though, who knows. Whats your opinion on that Alan? All the features are fantastic and the new nav display is unreal. Backup camera is a must-have as are the sonar assist systems, and the Bluetooth phone works much better than the one in our Prius. The styling of the interior is WORLDS better in black and the materials look richer. The engine also has a much sportier note which is more audible than the engine in my car, but its not bothersome. More like the sound of a GS300. The power is definately closer to the effortless feel of the LS on the highway. The car is definately sportier overall without lacking the quietness and smoothness that is so typical of a Lexus. I've also discovered why the center storage area opens the way it does, its so the driver can open and close the armrest without having to rotate away from the steering wheel. Pretty smart. The heated and cooled seats are great, and seat comfort is definately up from the previous car with the inflatable thigh support and passenger lumbar. Carla was really happy with the memory passenger seat, she hates it when other people ride in my car and mess up her seat.

Rear seat room is definately improved which is important to me in my business. The trunk is about the same size.

I'm also much happier with the gauges and how they look with the black interior.

Alan is 100% right, the transmission on this car makes the previous one feel like a manual driven by a 15 year old. MUCH smoother and while I still felt a little pull away lag from the e-throttle, its nothing like mine.

So...I think I might upgrade. I'm going to wait until September though when there should be more inventory and I can get my hands on a radar cruise/PCS model. I think I could really be happy in this car vs an LS with its feature set, but in September I'll have been able to see the new LS in person and decide if its worth it for me to stretch. I'm going to lease again this time though, so in 3 years who knows. This car addressed EVERY complaint I have about my ES though, which must be a phenominal peice of focus group engineering.

I also saw the Smoky Granite color which is really nice, although not as dynamic as the Flint Mica on other models. It has a greenish hue which is cool.

I will however be getting silver so I don't get driven as crazy with marring from bad washes and people brushing up against it etc. And a clear bra will go on before it ever leaves the lot.

I did notice that the 350 had a slightly stiffer suspension, but in no way did that affect my opinion of the ride quality. I liked that.

The auto sensing wipers worked better then on my '03, and the mist feature is very handy.

I know you like the silver - black color combo as I do(or did), but I really wanted something a little different this time. So many more people are complimenting me on these new colors I chose, compared to when I first got my '03. My last 3 Lexus's that I've owned had black leather, so this time I wanted a brighter looking interior. I just hope I don't regret that decision...dirt, stains, etc.

You might have second thoughts about the clear bra, because if it covers the sensors in the bumper the park assist might not work properly......just a thought. Also, I swore that I would NEVER put on the 3MM stuff on this car as I did my last one since it caused me more grief then it was worth. I'll go into detail about this if you choose.

I like the Michellin tires. They still feel good after 250 miles of driving. LOL

That's all I can say at this point since I'm sitting home with a bad cold and I haven't driven my lil beauty for a few days. s**t! :cries:

Yeah silver is a boring color, but its easy lol. Unfortunately they don't have anything like a lightish blue or a lightish green that would be a little bit more interesting. I love my color, but I don't have the time to worry about keeping it up anymore. I literally have never even been able to find someone other than me who could wash this car without swirling the paint. At least with silver I can hire a detailer.

As for the clear bra, it all depends on what brand you get. 3M is the least refined of the products, stuff like Xpel and Armorglove are thinner and smoother. They cut holes out for the sensors. IMHO, its better than chips and the front end of mine is totally sandblasted.

Hope the cold feels better!