2003 Transmission Trouble

I need your help folks,

I have a 2003 with 750 miles on it and the transmission will just not react. Seems like there is no connection with the throttle and transmission at times. Here is how I need your help...Ive registered my complaint online and have an appointment with the dealer this week. Can anyone tell me of a Lexus service bulletin or any info I can use as Ammo when I go to the service department? I have a feeling I'm going to get the "Cks normal...it will learn your driving habits, bla ,bla."

Thanks everyone,

John

do a search here and on www.clublexus.com. Search on 2002 Transmission and 2003 transmission.

I have posted many times on this and am in constant contact with my dealership. A fix is promised in the fall for the US.

There is a fix available in Canada for the Canadian version ES.

The tranny has shift logic problems when stomping it. It jumps too many gears down and winds out the motor. There is also a joggle that develops when driving steady at about 40 mph. The joggle goes away when a load is placed on the motor by speeding up or slowing down.

What you can do:

1. register complaint with 1-800-25-LEXUS. Ask for Elton or Laura. Ask that they fax you the letter explaining the tranny problem. I got one, and will fax to you if you need it by the time you go to the dealership. I actually transcribed the contents of the letter verbatum in a post on CL.

2. register complaint with NTHSB (will give you website if you need it). You probably won't as Lexus is well aware of this problem.

3. Do the searches, print them out and bring them with you. Lexus is well aware that this is a common topic of discussion on the web. Your service manager may not be so informed.

4. Don't stomp on it. The car actually have very good acceleration if you learn the pedal, going 3/4 of the way works wonders.

5. To stop the joggling, move the lever to "4" until you either go faster than 45 or slower than 40.

Be patient. Other than the tranny, it is a very sweet car.

Steviej

Concord, Welcome to the club. :D

As far as your transmission problem......join the crowd ;) We're all eagerly awaiting this fix from Lexus.

I have a feeling I'm going to get the "Cks normal...it will learn your driving habits, bla ,bla.

I already got this attitude from my dealers. They acted like I was the only one with these complaints!!

Do like steviej said and print out these transmission discussions from this website, so they can't make a fool out of you.