Front Dvd Player - Sequoia - Please Help

fiveofakind

I apologize for posting this problem here....but I am counting on the intellect of the users of this forum in hopes that someone can solve my problem . I am not getting much help from the forum users of toyotanation.com forum.... they just dont have the user volume that this forum seems to have....

& besides an '06 Sequoia is a very expensive Toyota like the LS, so I thought this group wouldnt mind helping if they can......

Anyway here it goes.......

I have an '06 Sequoia with DVD/Nav & DVD entertainment system....hoping this setup is similiar to a Lexus.

Anyway, I would for the front seat passenger to be able to watch DVD movies when the car is rolling along the highway. However, the safety feature is that when you release the parking brake & engage the selector in the "D" position, the DVD movie on the front screen cuts off & switches to the DVD Nav screen...

I guess the car manufacturer would rather have you distracted by a DVD/Nav screen rather than a movie.....go figure......LOL

Anyway, someone indicated that it was as simple as disconnecting the ground wire at the emergency brake switch & re-grounding it on the firewall somewhere...

I have done this with the following results....DVD player will continue to play with the parking brake released ( thats good...step 1 Accomplished ) however..........

the DVD movie cuts out & switches to the Nav screen when I engage transmission to the "D" position & start to move out.......

So my intelligence says, somehow it is tied in with the speedometer or tachometer ????

Does anyone have a suggestion here ????

I am sure some Lexus owner would like to be able to have their passenger be able to enjoy movies on their front player as well .......

Thanks again in advance for helping...

I am also a proud owner of a 1992 LS-400 with 225k miles on it.....

I considered the LX-470 when looking for a SUV, but could not justify spending another 20k or so, so I opted for am all options included 2006 Sequoia......

5ofakind