Car Cover

Anyone using a cover everyday? I have to park my new IS250 out in the sun while at work (8-5) and am considering purchasing a cover to use everyday. Of course I would get the top of the line cover so I won't scratch the paint. I can just imagine that putting it on and taking it off everyday will get old quick. I've been used to going from garage to garage up until now. My company is moving and there is no covered parking anymore. I guess if a cover is not the way to go, I'll just tint the windows. Any advice?

Anyone using a cover everyday? I have to park my new IS250 out in the sun while at work (8-5) and am considering purchasing a cover to use everyday. Of course I would get the top of the line cover so I won't scratch the paint. I can just imagine that putting it on and taking it off everyday will get old quick. I've been used to going from garage to garage up until now. My company is moving and there is no covered parking anymore. I guess if a cover is not the way to go, I'll just tint the windows. Any advice?

I've got the Lexus all-weather cover and it's very light and easy to put on and take off. The cover is attached to its bag by straps and is locked in the trunk when the cover is on to prevent unauthorised removal. I would upload a photo but the board Admin has disabled the uploads tempoarily for secuity reasons :blink:

I use a cover everyday, if Iam at home for more than an hour I put it on, my cover is from pepboys or discount autoparts. It fits quite snugly, and it's pretty easy to get on and off. As for the tinting, lexus already put tinted windows against UV rays so the tinting I think would be only for looks. But if you don't want to use a cover just wax the car if it's the paint your worried about. I wax the car, and cover it when Iam at home so I cover all my bases. I would advise you get a cover tho if that's what you feel is best, might take 1 to 2 minutes to put it on once you've practiced with it, but it's worth the time!!

Tango, do you use your cover everyday? Do you use a duster first before you put on the cover? If not, any scratches?

No scratches at all, but I do keep the car pretty clean. The cover is extremely light and very waterproof, the water just beads up and runs off of it. It' feels slightly heavier in weight than parachute material, apart from the fire resistant material that sits over the tailpipes and the clear plastic window over the registration plate . It's elasticated front and back with pockets for those big door mirrors which look even more like 'elephant ears' with the cover on. :D