Best Product To Clean Seats

Can anyone suggest a good product to clean the leather seats? one that can be purchased in canada please...i accudentally spilt cofee on one the seats..wanted to knwo what wud be the best way to get rid of it..and smeel good as well

also what wud be best practices to keep the carpet clean? both the seats and carpets are champagne in color..ive seen some suggestions to put the clear plastic coverings over the carpets..

thanks

Can anyone suggest a good product to clean the leather seats? one that can be purchased in canada please...i accudentally spilt cofee on one the seats..wanted to knwo what wud be the best way to get rid of it..and smeel good as well

also what wud be best practices to keep the carpet clean? both the seats and carpets are champagne in color..ive seen some suggestions to put the clear plastic coverings over the carpets..

thanks

I clean all of my leather seats with Lexol leather cleaner followed by conditioner. The conditioner is applied just as if you were slathering sun tan lotion on your face. Work it in using nothing but your hands. Let it dry and then towel it off with a clean and soft terry cloth towel. My son tried to convince me that an "all in one" cleaner/conditioner would work but I passed. I pointed out that my 13 year Acura Legend leather seats have barely a wrinkle in them from my 2-3 times a year use of two separate products. I believe that any good leather cleaner should work but, as always, try it on an out of the way spot first.

For carpets, I use a diluted form of Simple Green in a spray bottle followed by lots of action with a soft bristle brush. I vacuum with my wet/dry vac and then use a clean towel that is almost but not quite dripping wet. I use that to rinse the carpet and then another vacuuming to suck up the excess water. FWIW, about once every five years in each cars ownership, I pull all the seats out, including the electric ones and clean the seats like they have never been before. I then work the carpet as described. When done, I have virtually new looking interior. I would guess that most folks aren't as anal as me about new looking interiors. But, hey, the proof is in the pudding. When you see my car, especially my 13 year old Acura, you can't help but notice how nice the interior is.

Gary

Because the Mr Clean eraser works because its abrasive. The leather is a delicate natural product and is coated with a thin layer of vinyl to protect it. Its not diffcicult at all to abrade that layer away and go right through the dyed part of the hide. The effect is also going to be cumulative.

Products like leather cleaners, or the 6:1 Woolite Solution lift and absorb dirt and oil without abrading the leather surface, and also rehydrate the leather instead of simply drying it out like the Eraser does.

The Eraser is appropriate for restoring very soiled leather and vinyl, but I wouldn't use it on ANYTHING inside the car on a regular basis. Once the surface is clean just maintain it with traditional products.