"brake" Light On Dash Stays On... I'm Stumped.

1994 ES300 75,000miles

The handbrake light on the dash is remaining on for me even after topping off the brake fluid. I replaced all four rotors, pads, and bled the system 4 weeks ago so I really have no idea as to what it could be. Where is the switch that activates this light on when you pull the handbrake? I'm thinking about checking that next to see if it's malfunctioning or possibly not aligned correctly. Any other ideas or suggestions appreciated!

There is a connector at the reservoir of the brake fluid which turns on when the fluid low check its connection and remove it and check if the light goes away some times that has some problem i had it once i disconnected it and it went away reconnected after a month didnt come back

1994 ES300 75,000miles

The handbrake light on the dash is remaining on for me even after topping off the brake fluid. I replaced all four rotors, pads, and bled the system 4 weeks ago so I really have no idea as to what it could be. Where is the switch that activates this light on when you pull the handbrake? I'm thinking about checking that next to see if it's malfunctioning or possibly not aligned correctly. Any other ideas or suggestions appreciated!

If I'm guessing correctly, this is the red icon with the car with "rays" coming out the back, right?

If I open my trunk and move the wires where the CD player is supposed to be (mine isn't there anymore) this stops. If an umbrella in the trunk or anything else in there contacts these wires, it turns this light on on the dash.

That's all it takes for me to turn that light off.

Rosie

• 6 months later...

I'm glad i searched this topic. The "BRAKE" light has been on, (right next to the check engine light ugh). It seems to go off when i hit a bump or recently I put the car in neutral as i was moving and slammed the brakes. But shortly after it comes back on. I'm trading the car in maybe this Saturday so i need to get it off. I also have a check engine light, anyway to get that light off for the time being? I can't afford to fix the car to actually get the light off at the moment. I've done things to try and get it off like a new EGR valve and such for the code "Excessive Flow", but no success. Any help?

Any help?

add fluid.

Toyota/Lexus have very sensitive fluid level sensors. Even though the fluid level may be above the low level mark, the BRAKE light can be illuminated. Just bring the level up close to the MAX line. If it doesn't go away, then have the e-brake system looked at.

steviej

1994 ES300 75,000miles

I had the problem with my car when I parked on a steep hill. Topped off fluid and it stayed on. I remove connector from resivior and light went out. Put connector back on and light came back on. After weather got better, many many month, I decided to bleed brakes. During the process, the LR wheel cable leaked. I replaced that, not an easy job and the right one sprung a leak. Both leaks were at clamp points where the clamp hel the tubing to the body. Been fixed for over a year now.