Intermittent "clunk" Sound From Rear

I have 2000 ES300 (w/113,000 miles). I am hearing this "CLUNK" sound from the rear. It is intermittent and it seems getting a bit more frequent if the car has been driven for a while. I took the car into the Lexus dealer and they could not find any problem (with shock, or anything that might cause this sound). And they could not duplicate the sound at the dealer. However I still getting this annoying sound. Anyone experienced similar simptom? Your advice will be helpful.

I forgot to add that it only happens when I brake. There's absolutely no sound when I am driving however when I brake and when the car is about to come to a complete stop then I hear this annoying "CLUNK" sound. As I mentioned before dealer checked out pre much every thing incluidng the brakes. In fact I just got new rear and front brake pad (and they resurfaced the roto). However this sound began way before the brake change.

I get a clunk noise after the following sequence: back out of driveway, apply brakes, shift into drive and go forward for a few yards, apply brakes and slight clunk from the rear. I was told that this noise is normal and that it's part of how Toyo's brakes work. I thought it was a loose caliper or something but supposedly it's normal.

Not sure whether this fits your problem. Does it sound like it's coming from the brakes? I would assume so since it only occurs when you apply them. Have the calipers been checked (read: tightened)?

I am hearing this "CLUNK" sound from the rear. It is intermittent and it seems getting a bit more frequent if the car has been driven for a while.

Then you need to find a shorter girlfriend that isn't *quite* so excited to ride in the back of a Lexus!

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Ahhhhhh couldn't help it! :cheers:

Especially the mounts. Some ES's & Camry's do it. Anyone know what it is? Get down there & tighten all the bolts on the calipers.