Front Side Marker Lights Gs300

• 2 weeks later...

i am not sure if this will work, but logically if you splice the wires from the turn signal this should work as long as you completely disconnect the other wires to the harness. this should work however the lights will only blink/turn on when the blinker is on.

i am not sure if this will work, but logically if you splice the wires from the turn signal this should work as long as you completely disconnect the other wires to the harness. this should work however the lights will only blink/turn on when the blinker is on.

If you put a wire from the turn light to the side light with a diode in it wouldn't that work? I suppose the computer would give you all kinds of faults, and maybe eject you into outer space. I just think those are such a safety factor I'd like to do it. Any electrical engineers out there?

The side marker lamps are not monitored by the lamp failure system, nor are the turn signals. The accompanying schematic utilizes three relays to accomplish the blinking of the side markers.

The circuit has not been tested and may not work given the fact that the extra load of the relay coil connected to the turn signal light circuit may cause the flash rate to change. Using a small relay with minimal current draw would be recommended.

The circuit design includes two blinker relays per side LH/RH. The right most relays in the diagram accomplish the blinking of the side markers. The left most relay changes the input of the blinker relays from 12V to ground when the side markers are activated with the tail or headlamps. Thus, the side markers will blink in unison with the turn signals when the tail or headlamps are off. They will blink alternately when the tail or headlamps are on.

The new fuse will be for the side markers when the tail or headlamps are off.

Side Marker Modification