Magazine Project

denslexusgx470

I've got a history project, and the project is to make a magazine, pretending it's that decade in time (I got the 40s) . Now i've got all the info almost together, but my next question is, how do I exactly make a magazine, or similar to a magazine??? Is it a big piece of paper, fold it in half, then staple it all in the middle???? how does it work? i haven't gone into Kinkos yet, so I wanna know if i can do it at home, or if Kinkos does it. thanx in advance. :(

Thats how magazines of that era would have been put together. Some magazines are still put together that way, but most of them now are so big (ads) that they're clue bound more similar to a book.

what i would do is soak the paper in orange juice over night and let it dry, it gives it an old, rusty edged look, great for history newspapers and stuff...unless your teacher is not looking for that.

p.s. dont try burning the edges, bad experiences, sigh

your 17 and drive a GX470? i didnt know you were 17, just checked your birthday, wow, anyways, try using photoshop or paintshop pro to put stuff together. then once you have the pages, you can go to kinkos and make it int o a book, but photoshop will help you a lot if you just want to put stuff togethor. its funny, i have a project which i have to research the 40s also...

i guess that would be world war II, so im guessing you should include propaganda posters of some sort.

seems like he really likes lexus tho

if u were talkin bout me, yup thats true :) i kinda like the soaking of the paper but only problem is that he wants it done as if ur doin a re-collection of the 40s and ur in the 50s. so that means it has to look new but black n white. its a group project so my topic is the 2 atomic bombs

there are many programs that can take an image and make it black and white, photoshop, paintshop pro, anything. or you can do it by just printing ona gray scale, go to file>print setup (or something like that)and play around , there is an option to print black and white

• 2 weeks later...

hey thanks for everyones input on this project. It turned out to be great. Had kinkos do it, in 5 minutes, BAM! A magazine! only costed $23. My group consists of 5 people, so like $5 a person (extra change for those who worked more). ;)