Sunroof Leak

I've got a puzzler, have had my GS for 1 1/2 years now and have had water leak from the garage door opener/courtesy light panel 3 times after hard rains. I live in Seattle so it has rained a hell of alot more than 3 times in 1 1/2 years. The first time I figured I must have left the sunroof slightly open, the 2nd time, the same thing. The 3rd time (yesterday) I figure something's fishy. After the first time I removed the panel to dry out the area but only found a few drips in the head liner, checked the drain holes and they were clear. The drain holes are way below the center area where I'm having a leak, very strange. Can't find any suspect welds or voids where water can be getting in. There is a rivet that does lead into the headliner but it would be very difficult for water to get there so I don't think that's the entry. Anyone experienced this?

Also there are 2 copper pipes right above this panel. They look like some kind of plumbing but not sure what they are for. Could this be what is leaking?

• 2 weeks later...

I've got a puzzler, have had my GS for 1 1/2 years now and have had water leak from the garage door opener/courtesy light panel 3 times after hard rains. I live in Seattle so it has rained a hell of alot more than 3 times in 1 1/2 years. The first time I figured I must have left the sunroof slightly open, the 2nd time, the same thing. The 3rd time (yesterday) I figure something's fishy. After the first time I removed the panel to dry out the area but only found a few drips in the head liner, checked the drain holes and they were clear. The drain holes are way below the center area where I'm having a leak, very strange. Can't find any suspect welds or voids where water can be getting in. There is a rivet that does lead into the headliner but it would be very difficult for water to get there so I don't think that's the entry. Anyone experienced this?

Also there are 2 copper pipes right above this panel. They look like some kind of plumbing but not sure what they are for. Could this be what is leaking?

I had the same exact problem...thought it was the sunroof...but it wasn't..about a year prior i had my windshield replaced...but they did a poor job, and the upper seal at the top of the windshield was not attached right, and they did a poor epoxy job....I brought it to a reputible shop, who took out the windshield, cleaned off the frame, and sealed it in right....it hasn't leaked since....