Aftermarket Amp Install

Hello,

I remember a while back someone posted that they powered an aftermarket amp of the antenna power wire. I was wondering if anyone knows what color code it is. Or if not possible can anyone tell me how I can get it from the battery to the trunk w/o drilling nor disturbing the car's stock looks..

Thanks in advance,

"daovang"

I've never heard of that... Don't do that. Somewhere, out there, you're going to melt something. Buy 4ga, or 0ga wire. Run it through the bung in the driver's wheel well, under the wheel well skirt, into the cab, under the carpet, under the rear seat, into the trunk.

That's if it's a sub amp. If it's just some little speaker amp, use 10-6ga wiring.

You have to use atleast the wire gauge the amp maker recommends. Bigger if it's over-rated, or their smoking crack.

Thanks for the info

But anothr thing...I'm running off speaker level wires, but how do I mess with the "remote" wire. What color is it and how do you work it off a lexus deck. I've worked with Hondas, and cars with AUX cables, but never had yet with speaker level wires. Can anyone give feed back?

Again, thanks in advance.

Thanks for the info

But anothr thing...I'm running off speaker level wires, but how do I mess with the "remote" wire. What color is it and how do you work it off a lexus deck. I've worked with Hondas, and cars with AUX cables, but never had yet with speaker level wires. Can anyone give feed back?

What year es ? What system is in the car now ?

1995. From what I know of from RCA'ed amps in my Civic is that if the remote wire is note connected then the amp won't turn on when the deck is on.

It's an OEM deck, with Xplod 6x9/Panasonic 5.25, and I have a 10in sub with 300watt amp that I am ready to hook up, all I have a problem with is the new idea of how "speaker-level" amps work.

Thanks for the info

What year es ? What system is in the car now ?

( repeat ) What system is in the car now ?

"It's an OEM deck."

I'm having problems powering the amp. The remote wire connection is an issue. I can't find what/where an acceptable remote wire exist in the vehicle. I've read else where that the antenna wire would work, but it only works when radio is on, or somethin to that effect(plus I don't know its color code). I can splice of the stock amp if any can help identify the color for me.

"It's an OEM deck."

I'm having problems powering the amp. The remote wire connection is an issue. I can't find what/where an acceptable remote wire exist in the vehicle. I've read else where that the antenna wire would work, but it only works when radio is on, or somethin to that effect(plus I don't know its color code). I can splice of the stock amp if any can help identify the color for me.

post-1634-1145801488.jpg

"It's an OEM deck."

Thank you so much. I'm surely saving this.

"It's an OEM deck."

Thank you so much. I'm surely saving this.

You owe me a beer :cheers:

You owe me a beer :cheers:

If you ever come by Salisbury, NC just email me(or let me know any other way) and I got you covered. I'm not 21 yet, but getting the beer is not going to be hard.

Thanx, As long as you get your system up and running , That is what counts. :cheers: