Had Tsb Completed

Sweet95LS400

Well as some of you have been following, I recently purchased my 95 LS400 used from a Lexus dealer online. I love the car but did notice some of the off throttle shock and low idle people had been talking about on here. The car never had the TSB completed that replaced the ECU and Cruise Control Computer. So I took my car in for the 90k service, while it was there I had them check out the car to see if the TSB would apply. It indeed did apply to the car, the dealer was able to get authorization from Lexus to perform the TSB. All I can say is wow, what a differance the new computers make in the cars performance. The car is much smoother now, shifts are smoother, the car idles better, and overall operation is just better.

I am impressed that Lexus has stepped up to the plate to help me out with this, I purchased this car used but I have been treated better with this used car than other places I have bought new cars from. Thanks to everyone for their input on this.

Well as some of you have been following, I recently purchased my 95 LS400 used from a Lexus dealer online. I love the car but did notice some of the off throttle shock and low idle people had been talking about on here. The car never had the TSB completed that replaced the ECU and Cruise Control Computer. So I took my car in for the 90k service, while it was there I had them check out the car to see if the TSB would apply. It indeed did apply to the car, the dealer was able to get authorization from Lexus to perform the TSB.

That's great!

May I ask - how many miles does your LS400 have on the odometer? My '95 LS400 also needs to have this TSB completed, and I've talked to a dealer about completing the work with Lexus footing the bill. He said my car may have too many miles to get the job done for free - mine has 127,000 miles.

I intend to check with another dealer, as I'm pricing some other work, but I'd be curious to know if the first dealer was correct or not.

Thanks, and congrats on your newly-improved ride!

Tony

The Lexus dealer in Houston (Westside I believe) that did this TSB on big50daddy (My aunt now owns his car.) charged a tad over $100 for every 10k miles over 90k. He paid a little more than $250 which isn't a bad deal considering what the ecu goes for.