Cd Changer Problems In 92 Ls400

andre

hi guys,

another small problem: changer sometimes showing err on all cd, sometimes is ok on some (i drive the car once every 2 weeks and when i don't drive it i disconect the battery)

any ideas what to do to have it working 100%

regs andre

hi guys,

another small problem: changer sometimes showing err on all cd, sometimes is ok on some (i drive the car once every 2 weeks and when i don't drive it i disconect the battery)

regs andre

Most likely the lasar needs cleaning/realighnment. And of course make sure the cd's are in the tray properly.

hi guys,

regs andre

Most likely the lasar needs cleaning/realighnment. And of course make sure the cd's are in the tray properly.

Thanks,

this laser cleaning can be done by myself?

regs andre

this laser cleaning can be done by myself?

regs andre

Changer will need to be pulled for that, and then partially taken apart to get at the laser emitter. Clean with a lens cloth for cameras or eyeglasses. I've done that on home players, but not a car one.

Shouldn't be too difficult. Good luck!