Interior Water Leak - '97 Lx 450

jpcass0

My passenger side floorboard is pretty wet after recent rains. Has anyone had, or heard of, water leaks into the passenger compartment from the dash, door, or elsewhere? My windows and sunroof have been closed and the seals appear to be fine. I think the water must be coming in from the door or below the dash.

Anyone have any ideas on how to locate and repair the leak?

My passenger side floorboard is pretty wet after recent rains. Has anyone had, or heard of, water leaks into the passenger compartment from the dash, door, or elsewhere? My windows and sunroof have been closed and the seals appear to be fine. I think the water must be coming in from the door or below the dash.

A couple of the common reasons for this are clogged drain slits in the bottom of the rocker panels, or clogged sunroof drain tubes (four of them, one in each corner of the sunroof). I'd check those areas first.

Rookie.

Check the bottom corners of the windsheild glass. Mine's leaking from there --0 th edrips are very obvious when it's raining.

if you find thi sis the problems, you'd need to seal it somehow or replace the windsheild gasket.

I had/have the same problem. I didnt notice mine until after I had the windshield replaced. A few days later it went crazy. The remote starter wouldnt shut off. It ended up frying my starter. Turns out the water leak shorted my computer and everything else. I had it re-sealed again. And I noticed a day ago it was back.