Swap Question

Hello again, another newbie Lexus question

Is it possible to put a 92-96 Manual 3VZ-FE engine in a Automatic 95 ES300. I'm familiar with Honda swaps, but does anyone know if I will need new engine mounts or will the 3VZ-FE be a direct bolt on? Also, will the wires/ECU be direct bolt/snap ons? I know I will need to maybe get shift boots and cover but I can junk a camry for the parts. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Hello again, another newbie Lexus question

Is it possible to put a 92-96 Manual 3VZ-FE engine in a Automatic 95 ES300. I'm familiar with Honda swaps, but does anyone know if I will need new engine mounts or will the 3VZ-FE be a direct bolt on? Also, will the wires/ECU be direct bolt/snap ons? I know I will need to maybe get shift boots and cover but I can junk a camry for the parts. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

You dont want to put a 3vz-fe in cause they are notorious to overheating. So my advice would be to put a 1mz-fe in there.

Keep the cooling system fresh and they won't overheat. They notorious for not showing signs of overheating.

The differance in a 3vz-fe and pre-mls gasket 1mz-fe when overheating is that you can tell the 1mz is overheating with the temp gauge. The 3vz-fe will simply go from no signs to red-zone as the block takes forever to heat up.

You *could* do it. It's all direct bolting on. But you'd need to ditch the transmission, and the stock ECU, all the electronics. You wouldn't want to. Buy a new/used 1mz-fe from a 94-96 Camry.

Are there such engines in 1mz-fe that are manual? If the complete swap is around $5k(USD) I'm willing to try it out. I've heard the 3vz-fe(manual) has better acceleration and response compared to the 1mz-fe. Also, the 3vz-fe is lighter from what I've read.

In addition, does anyone know the average paint price(primed/bundled, pure black with clear coat) to cover a car with the surface area of an ES300? I was thinking black(no, not to copy SK or anything) with bronze rims.

hi 1mz-fe is a great engine and unfortunately they didnt come with the manual transmission you will have to do a lot of changes and of course a lot of money too which will ultimately make the project unreasonable

I think if you look on the internet you should be able to buy a great manual es300 in the 92 93 years for 5 grand i mean the whole car, then you can keep ur old one for spares

There have been plenty of E-153 conversions done on A/T vehicles. There is no reason to waste so much time, and money converting the A/T engine & management to an M/T 3vz-fe, or an M/T 1mz-fe.

There were many more E52, E-53 v6's around than he realizes!:

87-91 Camry/ES250, E52

92-94 ES300/Camry/Camry Coupe/Camry Wagon

97-01 Camry

98-02 Solara

Sienna minivan at one point.

The rav4 had the other E-153. Same for the MR2 turbo's & a few misc celica's.