Toyota Put A 03 Is 300 Engine In My Gs 300

Got my car back after they destroyed my old one. 03 with 18,000 miles. I get homwe to check the vin and it says it came from a 03 IS 300!. IS that the same engine or should i be *BLEEP*ed?

Same basic motor, Just some design differences to fit in the IS's engine bay. Don't quote me on this but I think the gs 3.0 l6 is rated @220 hp and the is is rated @215 hp.

Got my car back after they destroyed my old one. 03 with 18,000 miles. I get homwe to check the vin and it says it came from a 03 IS 300!. IS that the same engine or should i be *BLEEP*ed?

Same basic motor, Just some design differences to fit in the IS's engine bay. Don't quote me on this but I think the gs 3.0 l6 is rated @220 hp and the is is rated @215 hp.

Yea edmunds said the 03 IS is rated at 218. Should i be happy or sad. I went from 85,000 to 18,000

Yea edmunds said the 03 IS is rated at 218. Should i be happy or sad. I went from 85,000 to 18,000

Well, You did gain 67k, What warranty did they provide ? I don't think one could tell by the seat of his/her pants. I wouldn't be too concerned about how the engine was treated prior to the install, Most likely cared for at a dealer. Did you get the history of the transplant ?

Well, You did gain 67k, What warranty did they provide ? I don't think one could tell by the seat of his/her pants. I wouldn't be too concerned about how the engine was treated prior to the install, Most likely cared for at a dealer. Did you get the history of the transplant ?

they gave me a 6month warranty.

Did they use all of your original exterior engine parts 9 alternator, intake and the like ? Did they just replace the block and head ?

Did they use all of your original exterior engine parts 9 alternator, intake and the like ? Did they just replace the block and head ?

That i dont know. I know they changed the timing belt and oil, oil filter, gasket, and exhaust pipe

How does the engine run? Sounds like you'll be oK.

runs good, very quiet. I think ill be ok also. Now i need to concentrate on gettings those gas struts changed.

I think you are a lucky man. You should be happy...Inline6 is a very good engine...especially it's a 03 with only 18k on them. :cheers: