What A Bad Ball-joint Looks Like

nc211

I replaced my mutulated ball joints last weekend. When I did the suspension work myself this time last year, I used a pitchfork on the ball joints and outter tie rods....Now understand, I did not know what I was doing, and had to redu my work at the time. Which meant using that devil-!Removed! pitch fork to re-seperate the two components.....

10k miles and countless trips back and forth to the shop...here is 50% of the culprit...Outer tie rod ends are in the mail as I type.

post-15797-1144112985_thumb.jpg

post-15797-1144113001_thumb.jpg

post-15797-1144113102_thumb.jpg

I replaced my mutulated ball joints last weekend. When I did the suspension work myself this time last year, I used a pitchfork on the ball joints and outter tie rods....Now understand, I did not know what I was doing, and had to redu my work at the time. Which meant using that devil-!Removed! pitch fork to re-seperate the two components.....

10k miles and countless trips back and forth to the shop...here is 50% of the culprit...Outer tie rod ends are in the mail as I type.

wudidja use the green stuff in the ball jar in the background of pic number 3 for ? wut kind of solvent requires ice cubes?.....................

:D :D That a' be my GO JUICE!! :D :D aka..."Sundrop soda" via Pepsi of the south.

wudidja use the green stuff in the ball jar in the background of pic number 3 for ? wut kind of solvent requires ice cubes?.....................

:D :D That a' be my GO JUICE!! :D :D aka..."Sundrop soda" via Pepsi of the south.

What kinda southerner drinks Pepsi though?? That's a misdemeanor in some parishes here in Looze-eeeeeee-annna! :lol: I thought you only drink Pepsi if you say "ya know" and "you guys," and you drink Coke if you say "yall" and you live in a trailer park?? hahahaha

Jeeeeezus, those are sad looking ball joints! What kind of improvements have you noticed?

:cheers:

my alignemtn is way off now! The wheel is about 2 inches to the left.

Blake, don't tell me you guys don't have Sundrop down there?? Man, that stuff is golden!!

I tell you no lies, here is a photo of Cameron's diet Sundrop in the fridge.

www.sundrop.com

If you're ready, call "our" buddy "Jim" and have yourself a "SunBeam"...Mason Jar required... ;)

GREAT for hurricane clean up.....tried and true...trust me :D

post-15797-1144123719_thumb.jpg

Hey NC, that tool is actually called a "pickle fork", because it looks like a great big one. They are used when the part to be removed is going to be thrown away. The other methods are a pin press, like a big sturdy battery terminal puller, and a smokin' big hammer to smack the knuckle that the tapered hole is bored in. By smacking the knuckle it is briefly distorted to oval, and the pin will drop out. That's my preferred method, although the customer has to remain in the waiting room while I do it......

Sun Drop soda huh? 80 proof or higher?

:D

customer has to remain in the waiting room while I do it......

Sun Drop soda huh? 80 proof or higher?

i HAVE met you!! You're the guy who says "come back in an hour" so you won't witness the beat-down I've got to do to get that part out! Hahaha. :cheers:

Sundrop = Seafoam for the gut. Mix it with Beam, and your lawn mower will mow the yard by itself! :D

In my educational phase here on LOC, I've invested in the pitman, which has made my life sooo much easier.

And when they do come back the line is " A little smoke is normal in the first few minutes ma'am." And as they leave "You may find better service, but you'll never pay more".

Seafoam for the gut - har har har! :lol:

Beam. Good stuff. Up here in Canuck land it's rye whiskey. Quite similar :cheers: