Build Time?

I ordered a IS 350 w/ sport package a few months ago. The dealership told me it had to be built at the factory. They also said it would be built in April and it would take 2 weeks for delivery. So I am just wondering if anyone know how long it takes the factory to build a IS 350? I was told by a family friend who just got one of the new Z06's that he was told it only take 28 hours to build his car. Will it be that fast with the IS, or should I expect to have to wait another month? Thanks for any information anyone may have. O and also when I test drive the 350 it did not have the sport package. Has anyone driven one with the sport package, and how did you like it? Thanks

I ordered a IS 350 w/ sport package a few months ago. The dealership told me it had to be built at the factory. They also said it would be built in April and it would take 2 weeks for delivery. So I am just wondering if anyone know how long it takes the factory to build a IS 350? I was told by a family friend who just got one of the new Z06's that he was told it only take 28 hours to build his car. Will it be that fast with the IS, or should I expect to have to wait another month? Thanks for any information anyone may have. O and also when I test drive the 350 it did not have the sport package. Has anyone driven one with the sport package, and how did you like it? Thanks

I'm looking for an IS 250 AWD with Nav/Lux and Mark Lev packages

My local dealer told me that it would be a special order, and would be built at the factory in Japan

The dealer requires a $5000- deposit and expects a 3 month wait to allow to building/shipping time.

I'm looking for an IS 250 AWD with Nav/Lux and Mark Lev packages

My local dealer told me that it would be a special order, and would be built at the factory in Japan

The dealer requires a $5000- deposit and expects a 3 month wait to allow to building/shipping time.

Hey Scott,

I've ordered my IS250 RWD with Nav/Lux and Mark Lev package in early january. Till today I still have no confirmation for my order. The expected shipping date, when I've signed the order, was April/May, but in the meanwhile I don't expect to see my car before june.

Regards

Dat Ei

it takes only a few hours to build the car but i expect there to be some wait times in the factory as they piece together the parts. Im pretty sure your cars are in storage facilities or some sort waiting to be built. and im pretty sure that the shipping takes a few weeks, on boat to the US, and after that, shipping to your city, and after that, testing by the dealer.

I was on a plant tour in Cambridge (Ontario, Canada) where they build the RX line on one side of the plant and some Toyota models on the other side. Indeed, actual manufacture time is not the issue, I think it is just a matter of hours with a new RX rolling off the line like every 3 miutes or less. Rather, they need lead time to put your specific requests into the system. Then once built, they sit at the factory while shipping is arranged, then in transit it may sit while transportation modes are shifted ie from ship to rail to truck, etc. and there well may be several days sitting around inbetween modes. Added up together, it can easily stretch into weeks.

it takes only a few hours to build the car

The IS is built in Japan.

Haven't you people seen the horrible 1986 Michael Keaton movie, Gung Ho???

They spent so much time doing calisthenics and bathing in the river, that the cars never got done.

Sorry... just had to.

:snoooorrrtttt:

it takes only a few hours to build the car

The IS is built in Japan.

Haven't you people seen the horrible 1986 Michael Keaton movie, Gung Ho???

They spent so much time doing calisthenics and bathing in the river, that the cars never got done.

Sorry... just had to.

:snoooorrrtttt:

I would bet that your car wasn’t “Special Ordered” but rather put on a allocation list… Lexus will not special build a car unless you want options that you can not get… Like a Tungsten Peal w/ Cashmere interior…

I at first thought I “special ordered” the IS350 like I was wanting… Tungsten w/ Black interior w/ ML/Nav and Sport… but after a few months of “no luck”… I decided to go down and at least test drive one… It just got off the truck that day… Black w/ Cashmere… Lux w/ Nav but no ML…. heck no I thought…. That was until I saw it being driven around to me…. :D

Picking it up Friday… :) yuppers… a Happy Daddy I am…..