Navigation Dvd For Another Counrty!

Hi,

My navigation computer part number ends up with 50090 (US computer). My country computer ends up with 50100 (2004 computer). Both computers are 4th generation. My US computer works fine with DVD 04.02. My country DVD version is 2004-2005 (!)

When I put my local dvd into the computer it didn't work. I thought I could get an update but wasn't sure that it will work. I'm afraid it will damage my computer.

I tried playing with the dvd and replacing some files from here into there and vice versa but it didn't work.

Any suggestion?

Thanks,

Maybe is a problem with the DVD regions. I have heard that Lexus DVD computers also works with regions, like movies DVD...1 for USA, 2 for EU...

Hi,

My navigation computer part number ends up with 50090 (US computer). My country computer ends up with 50100 (2004 computer). Both computers are 4th generation. My US computer works fine with DVD 04.02. My country DVD version is 2004-2005 (!)

When I put my local dvd into the computer it didn't work. I thought I could get an update but wasn't sure that it will work. I'm afraid it will damage my computer.

I tried playing with the dvd and replacing some files from here into there and vice versa but it didn't work.

Any suggestion?

Thanks,

Many thanks for your reply. Is there a way I could tell/know?

Thanks again,

No idea how to get that information, maybe the Lexus dealer. Here in my region only the latest models are coming with the nav computer (We are in an island), so delaer has no idea about the system...