Rx330 Nav Head Unit Sw Update?

Is there a way to update the NAV SW (firmware) itself for an 4 RX330? can the dealer do this as part of Maintenance? How do I find out what generation is my NAV?

Also I searched the forums but I never found anyone that has paid less than $280 for the map DVD, any ideas?

What a total rip-off You buy their expensive NAV... then they juice you for content updates -- especiallywhen you're leasing.. NAV updates should be included as a part of the service. Any other updates to your car to bring it current and fix issues are covered under warranty.

yes it is a total rip off. i have the 04 rx330, and the problem i see is that we have that crappy nav with the ugly brown screen and stuff, and if you spend 500 dollars updating it, YOU WILL NOT GET THE NEWER GENERATION NAV. sorry for the caps but, you will still have the ugly brown screen. the only thing that will have changed will be the actual roads. tell me that isnt a bigger rip off.