Pcv Valve Change On Ls400

mann777

Hi

Could somebody tell me how one will know that the PCV valve funtioning is working, though the car is working fine, Does the Car ECT tell the driver in the from of warning on the dash cluster. What kind of signal does it respond to. As what i see there is no sensor placed to tell the failure. Because the main function of the PCV is recirculates partially burned gases from the engine’s crankcase to the combustion chamber. When does the PCV replacement or change occur, And if the new one is installed, what enhancement in the performance can one see in its car.

Hi

Could somebody tell me how one will know that the PCV valve funtioning is working, though the car is working fine, Does the Car ECT tell the driver in the from of warning on the dash cluster. What kind of signal does it respond to. As what i see there is no sensor placed to tell the failure. Because the main function of the PCV is recirculates partially burned gases from the engine’s crankcase to the combustion chamber. When does the PCV replacement or change occur, And if the new one is installed, what enhancement in the performance can one see in its car.

Based on my automotive experience, when a PCV valve clogs and becomes inoperative (from a build-up of carbon and/or engine oil precipitates), it will result in an increase in crankcase pressure. As the pressure in the crankcase increases, it can force engine oil to leak throught the valve cover gaskets, main seals, etc. The added crankcase pressure may cause a change in engine performance, but I don't believe it will be noticable.

The best way to check the PVC is to take it out and give it a visulal inspection and a shake. If it appears to be clear and you hear the ball check valve rattling around, it's probably OK.