Lexus Debate

markyboy27

Hi All,

Was wondering if anyone could settle a debate regarding a lexus model. My girlfreind thinks she has seen two seperate Lexus four door convertables. I keep telling her Luxus (or any other manufacturer i can think of) has never built a four door convertible.

I have shown her pics of the LS430, and she is sure that is not it.

Is there a four door Lexus convertible anywhere in the world?

Thanks,

Mark.

Hi All,

Was wondering if anyone could settle a debate regarding a lexus model. My girlfreind thinks she has seen two seperate Lexus four door convertables. I keep telling her Luxus (or any other manufacturer i can think of) has never built a four door convertible.

I have shown her pics of the LS430, and she is sure that is not it.

Is there a four door Lexus convertible anywhere in the world?

Thanks,

Mark.

Maybe a 'custom job' is possible somewhere......but no 'factory' Lexus 4 door convertibles that I am aware of. :unsure:

:cheers:

Lexus has absolutely never made a four door convertible and no other car companies have since the 70s. There are companies that will make convertibles aftermarket for 4 doors, and theres always the possibility she saw one with the canvas top.

The reason is, aside from lack of interest, 4 doors aren't rigid enough to be good convertibles.

There is a guy in Atlanta I see driving around every now and then with a late 90s ES300 that he had turned into a convertible. There are always nutcases out there who want an open top.... Anyone seen Viva la Bam? He ripped into his Gallardo a few months before they release a convertible...