90000 Service Quote

RGM

It is a rip unless they include the timing belt change in that price, run and find an independent garage or Toyota dealership for your service, you will have lots of money left to have some nice dinners out for a month or two. If it is a lousy oil change and check this or that you are being ripped, the check this or that is usually just a visual check or a way to go after some more expensive repairs.

Got a quote from a dealer for 90K service - $1180. Is this typical/reasonable?

Thanks,

Raj

I got a quote of about $800 or so for the 90k service but that DID NOT include the timing belt/waterpump replacement. For that they wanted and extra $600. Looking at the service outside the timing belt/waterPump they really don't do jack at the 90k service. $800 for an oil change, coolant change and brake fluid flush! how could that possibly be 800 worth of work? It must take an awful lot of time to inspect those few other things they claim to check. I've found a very reputable local shop that will do all the work plus do a tranny flush (which I'm a bit nervous about) for $1100. That'd be my suggested route.

Good for you, you got the service that the price demands. Hope all Lexus owners take head and learn how the Lexus Donuts and bottled water don't cost thousands and hundreds of dollars. You know those items can be purchased at Costco, Sams club or Walmart before you go to service your vehicle. And Rental cars are less than 35 dollars a day. Give me a break Lexus of AMerica, your scam is out in the open. Charging double what Toyota is charging is rediculous.

Thank you all for your comments. I got another quote from an independent shop for 90K service (includes timing belt replacement) for $892.

There are many "check/inspect" items, but here is the list of "replace" items:

Air Filter Element

Brake Fluid

Cabir Air Filter (Replace a/c air filter0

Coolant

Enigine oil

Oil filter

Timing Belt

Others:

Rotate tires

Tighter/Torque Drive/Propeller Shaft.

Installing the waterpump is another $128.

Will try a Toyota dealership as well.