93ls Instrument Cluster

93ls400walt

After removing my IC. And removing the white back cover. I noticed what I first thought was a factory design. But was able to remove them with water. What I think these are, are static electricty streaks. Has anyone seen this before? Is this normal? Or could this be the cause of so many of the IC problems on the 93-94 LS 400's. They look like small " lightning " streaks, gray in color. My car is a 93ls with 96,000K

Any thought? Ways to prevent this in the future?

I tried to attach the pics, Hope this worked.

If they could be removed by water then my guess is that they are dust that has been deposited "electrostatically" onto the moulding at the back of the combination meters, just like powder coating. The magnetic fields around those parts could possibly affect dust deposition, producing the effects you saw. Should not cause any problems as long as the build up is not excessive.

I am certain that it is not caused by shorting or tracking as that tends to be a lot blacker!

Good spotting.

If they could be removed by water then my guess is that they are dust that has been deposited "electrostatically" onto the moulding at the back of the combination meters, just like powder coating. The magnetic fields around those parts could possibly affect dust deposition, producing the effects you saw. Should not cause any problems as long as the build up is not excessive.

I am certain that it is not caused by shorting or tracking as that tends to be a lot blacker!

Good spotting.

Nothing to be concerned about, Very common and nothing to do with electrical problems on any lexus/car.