Dealer Option Customization

When I got my IS, the dealer gave me a sheet with different things they can customize, such as the way doors unlock, or the time that headlights remain on after shutting off the car, etc. He said to drive the car a while, then fill out the sheet once I've used all the features and I know what they mean. The first time I do this, they'll customize it for free; after that, any changes would incur a fee.

My question: do I have to go to the dealer to get these things changed? Do they have a special computer interface to do this? Seems like it should be something easy in the Nav screen so the owner could do it...

Thanks,

Mike

When I got my IS, the dealer gave me a sheet with different things they can customize, such as the way doors unlock, or the time that headlights remain on after shutting off the car, etc. He said to drive the car a while, then fill out the sheet once I've used all the features and I know what they mean. The first time I do this, they'll customize it for free; after that, any changes would incur a fee.

My question: do I have to go to the dealer to get these things changed? Do they have a special computer interface to do this? Seems like it should be something easy in the Nav screen so the owner could do it...

Thanks,

Mike

You can't do it. The dealer has a hand held programmer that does it.