Any Firebird Owners?

denslexusgx470

i don't feel like checking the GM forums, but i just have a quick question about the 92-95 firebirds. First of all, since it's been awhile since i posted, this forum feels a little different (different skin).

now my friend just bought a used firebird, 94 model. now he tells me (doesnt want to drive me around because of it) that his gas mileage is horrible, as horrible or even worse than my Gx (15/18) . anyone who has a firebird or knows of a person who does, can u tell me what the mpg of those things are. jst curious. i know my friend's gotta be exaggerating when he says it's as worse as the GX. I think it's only a V6. thanx in advance

19/28 according to the EPA for a 6 cyl, '94. The V8 cars are only slightly lower at 17/25. It sounds like your friend needs a tune up, or stop flooring it from every red light!

19/28 according to the EPA for a 6 cyl, '94. The V8 cars are only slightly lower at 17/25. It sounds like your friend needs a tune up, or stop flooring it from every red light!

lol :cheers: i agree. everytime i'm in his car he does like to floor it. maybe it does need a big tune-up, because he bought it used, and it had like 100k miles on it when he bought it. so that could be the problem. i do like the sound of the muffler though, nice and noisy. lol. i knew he was exaggerating his gas mileage. he even puts 89 gas in it, and uses those gas formula thingys, like the ones you buy at the gas station or car shops, that says they can improve your gas mileage. i've never used those so i don't really know if it really helps or not. :huh: :P