1996 Ls400 Nakamichi Cd Changer Err 13

Listening to cd's while driving home from work today and when the dash changer went to load the next cd, an error message appeared on the lcd readout. It's "ERR 13". When I tried to eject the (6 cd) cartridge from the unit, nothing happens.

Any one have an idea what the error message is specifically referring to? How do I remove the cartridge unit?

Thanks,

Bob

• 3 weeks later...

Listening to cd's while driving home from work today and when the dash changer went to load the next cd, an error message appeared on the lcd readout. It's "ERR 13". When I tried to eject the (6 cd) cartridge from the unit, nothing happens.

Any one have an idea what the error message is specifically referring to? How do I remove the cartridge unit?

Thanks,

Bob

UPDATE: I don't know what happened but the problem has apparently fixed itself.

I'm wondering if a buildup in moisture within the cd changer caused it to shutdown until the excess moisture departed.

Whatever the reason, it's playing fine now.

Thanks,

Bob

UPDATE: I don't know what happened but the problem has apparently fixed itself.

I'm wondering if a buildup in moisture within the cd changer caused it to shutdown until the excess moisture departed.

Whatever the reason, it's playing fine now.

Not a moisture issue. Are you using burned cd's ? Do yourself a favor and thouroughly clean the magazine and the cd holders, Then burnish the edges of any burned cd's. But I do suspect an alignment issue with the laser. Run a memorex laser cleaner, twice, Should clear things up.